Thank you so much Kathy for my award... I cannot tell you how honored I feel that you would think so much of me and of my work. I spend most of my days inside my studio isolated from the rest of the world and never know what people think of my work. So it was so nice to receive an award that says " Hey, you did a good job and it made my day." So again thanks Kathy it was just music to my ears!!
Now onto the business of receiving the award.
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make me think and or made my day.
2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
3. Display the " you make my day" award on your blog.
4. Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news.
With that said here are my picks!!
1. would have been my good friend Carol Eldridge but she was also picked by Kathy. Carol is a fellow illustrator who I met at Surtex years ago and who has such a great whimsical style which is reflective of her personality. Carols blog is full of all her colorful illustrations and travels with her captain husband. She lives near the beach so naturally she is influenced by all its beauty so often many of her posts include daily walks along the ocean , somewhere I wish I could be often.
1. Jennifer Paganelli whom most of the blog world knows by now and who's fun, fresh brand Sis Boom is a favorite of mine. Jennifer's fabric line with Free Spirit is extremely beautiful and has a vintage flair with a twist, and its bright fun colors make it a treasure to behold.I love that she opens up her house every year to sell her Sis Boom hand crafted designs to anyone that would like to come in, you could say her home is her showroom. As I began my journey into this blog worldJennifer was kind enough to give me helpful advice and was never to busy to answer my questions. A real source of inspiration and creativity and all in all a fun place to visit. By the way Jennifer also teaches classes at Silver Bella and Tinsel Trading and is often glittering up all kinds of projects in fact Jennifer told me she often glitters so much you could even find it in her underclothes which just makes me laugh out loud!
2. Angela Byington loves to decorate and garden and is always looking for that challenging decor project. Her blog is full of ways to decorate your home without all
the fuss and muss of it all. Angela loves crafting and cooking and is trying to turn her 50's ranch into a Cottage Style home. Another great thing about Angela is that she too is very generous with her time and
will help you solve that frustrating decorating project with her before and after how too's. I am still trying to figure out how she does it.
3. Kim Demmon is a mother, fitness instructor, scrapbook artist and prolific writer. I can barely do one blog but Kim has two! Todays Creative Blog is one of her very well known blogs in which she features other blogs and talks about what makes them special. I was floored when I read her feature on me, I have never been so blown away by comments in my life, she makes you feel like a rock star only without the drugs and sex!! ha, no but seriously Kim's so full of energy no wonder she teaches fitness!
4.Monica Solorio-Snow creates the most beautiful quits and often can have her handwork seen in Quilts and More magazine. I came upon her blog The Happie Zombie and found it to be full of fun stories and inspiration not to mention the fact that we are both lovers of Bill Maher and Flight of the Conchords and Entourage!! 3 of my favorite shows and well right there I was a big fan! She lives out in Oregon and often finds herself by the beach or creating a new project in her beautiful and organized sewing room. I am jealous of anyone who can have an organized work space, this is one of my pitfalls!
5.Heidi Kenney is an amazing talent and creator of some of the most cutest plush creations I have ever seen. I mean how do you think to make a plush toliet and toilet paper? How about ice cream sandwiches and donuts!! Oh these creations just make me smile and want to go out and buy the best sewing machine so I can create some of my own. Heidi showcases her work at many galleries that host plush shows and her shop is full of many fun goodies. I think if my boys saw her creations I would have to buy them all!
well so there you have it! I hope you are inspired from these people as I have been and remember a smile goes a long way!